Make your World War II Unit the favorite of the year with this engaging, ready-to-go bundle of activities, videos, powerpoints, writing assignments, and much more!
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
- WWII Vocabulary - to be done in class with students
- WWII from Space Video Guide
- WWII Interactive map PPT
- Mankind Story of All of US
- Crash Course Video Guide (6 pages)
- Who is Responsible for the war assignment
- Last Days of the War Video Guide
- 5 Videos included in the download
- Paragraph prompts for the whole year World History
- Flipped Classroom Guide ( 2 pages)
- Additional Notes ( 6 different sections / topics)
Included are the daily plans with this bundle that will organize the way I teach this 4-week unit. Also, there is more content than needed so lots of good options within the bundle.
Pre-test with key. Typically, give this in the beginning of the unit to introduce some of the main characters and countries of the war.
World War II map assignment. You will need to print the blank maps on the back of the assignment and 2 additional giving you a total of 3 maps so the students may use their books to see how things change in Europe during WWII. A good way just to get a sense of where everything is.
62 slide PDF/PowerPoint of 4-5 days of direct or flipped classroom instruction. Have the students take notes in Cornell style during this presentation. This presentation is very visual and is a wonderful way to walk the students through the war.
These are the key terms from the unit to go over in class and say together. Do this with the class as it makes a bigger impression and it makes sure that they know certain terms as they come up.
World War II from Space
Video notes with Key. This will take 2 complete days to finish.
Allow students to work independently on looking up all the battles start and finishes and who won. This is a worksheet for in or outside of class.
Grading the War
This is a great way for students to converse about they think went well and what they think did not go well.
WWII Interactive PPT
This is a PPT map that shows the transition of all the military as the Axis Powers and Allied Powers try and destroy each other.
This is a wonderful HW assignment that allows students to get a good overview of the war in a short summary type format. There are questions that go with this as well or you can close read it in class.
WWII Test and Quizzes
Included is a review sheet and key with this 40 question multiple choice test.
There are so many great videos out there I like my students to watch at least 1-2 of them in groups and discuss. This is the one way I can see that getting done as to not take 1-2 weeks to show it in class. I have included links to all the videos as well.
The Scrapbook project is also included with this.
This is for those traditionalists who like worksheets and fill in the blank lessons.
Holocaust Video Guides
Included are some of the items to teach the Holocaust.
1. Auschwitz Images: Some images from Auschwitz to help explain the camp and the role it played in WWII.
2. Boy in Striped Pajamas Video Guide: This is an extremely powerful film that will have any class on the edge of its seat.
3. Night Book Reading Guide and Test with PPT: A great book that should be read by all World History students.
4. Schindler's List: Schindler's List video guide. This movie is a must show for World History.
A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: Chosen are 3 words that would be good to have the students look up.
5. Quiz for students with Answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, highly recommend having the students watch this on half speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the YouTube video you can adjust the speed.
A short 1-page project that has students make a scrapbook of some of the major events of the war.
Last Days of the War Video Guide
This is the guide that goes with the video Last Days of the War.
I have included the link to one Disney cartoon.
I am going to give you 6 videos to help teach WWII. They can be inserted into the PPT or shown separately.
- WWII Disney Cartoon - 10"
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of the free download that is in my store.
Mankind the Story of all of US
Here is what is included:
- A question sheet in WORD format that will keep the students following along.
- Answers to the question sheet
- A set of notes that can be referenced for a discussion following the video.
-BONUS: History Channel Mankind Story of US Guide
This 12th episode is good for either junior high or high school as it deals with NEW FRONTIER, Farming, Alcan Highway, Atomic Bomb, heart transplant and Selma 1965 I think this episode would work well with either Jr. High or High school.
Flipped Classroom Guide
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
Added are the top 20 YouTube videos on this subject. They are embedded into the PPT.