- Daily Plans
- Intro Activity (folder 19)
- Chapter Preview Sheets
- Part I Russian Revolution PPT
- Exit slip and teaching follow-up
- Part II Russian Revolution PPT
- Russian Revolution Reading
- Revolution Writing Assignment
- Crash Course
- Gift Assignment
- Russian Rap Project
- Russian Revolution Storybook Project
- Fun Facts on Stalin, Communism and Lenin's death
- Rasputin Video Guide
- Quizzes and Test (it includes WWI) and a group test
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Flipped Classroom
- Famous Figure Evaluation
- Bonus Videos for the unit
- The True Story of Rasputin (Full Documentary) Video Guide
- Causes of Russian Revolution sheet / Political Cartoon evaluation / Through the Russian Revolution guide added /
Daily Lesson Plans
These are my daily plans for the 2 weeks unit. Also included are more than 2 weeks worth of lesson ideas.
Chapter Preview Sheet
This is 2 different versions of the same thing. It allows the students to preview the chapter prior to actually learning about it.
Russian Revolution PPT Part I
This is a 17 slide PPT that goes through the Romanov Dynasty. This is a great way to go over the last couple of Kings in Russia. It is 17 slides and really sets the stage for the transition from the old way to the Communist state that will follow. Included is an exit slip activity to make sure the students actually understood what was being taught to them.
Russian Revolution PPT Part II
Lenin and Stalin are next; start a 28 slide PPT that goes through the entire shift from a King to Communism. This explains the in's and out's of why everything goes the way it does. Included are 2 videos, one of which is a YouTube link beacause only one would fit into the download. There are 2 different versions of the PPT in this bundle a more updated version and the older one.
Russian Revolution Vocabulary
This is a great way to have students become familiar with the vocab of the section prior to the teaching. It takes about 20 minutes to go through all the words in class with the students. Have the students say the word out loud and then draw something with the words.
Russian Revolution Reading
Pass out the Russian Revolution reading in class with questions to go over in class.
Russian Revolution Paper
To finish off the unit we do a Russian Revolution paper in my class. It is a great way for the students to show me what they have learned throughout the unit and to show mastery of the subject.
Crash Course Videos
A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: Chosen are 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. Also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students/with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz:
**Also, highly recommend having the students watch this on half speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the YouTube video you can adjust the speed.
I have as a bonus included the gift assignment which is a perfect way to end the unit. Each student will be required to use all vocab in the chapter and represent it visually or textually using the front and back of a blank sheet of paper. See the included sample.
There are 9 videos to use throughout teaching.
Russian Rap Project
This allows the students to express what they think about what happened in Russia.
Russian Storybook Project
It is an easy and effective way to have students convey the confusion of the time period in a great project.
A good way to start a unit or class and get the students engaged in what they are learning about.
Show the HBO special Rasputin. It is fantastic as it shows the in's and outs of the Romanov Dynasty and how Rasputin himself was instrumental in influencing the Tsar.
Tests and Quizzes
Included are all of the quizzes and test (plus keys) for the unit.
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
Flipped Classroom Guide
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
Famous Figure Evaluation
This is a great lesson to teach the students a little bit about Stalin and Lenin. It allows them to evaluate them based on what they read on a grading scale.
In addition, my top 10 favorite YouTube videos that are all 3-4 minutes in length so that they may be embedded in the PPT.
New items for the Russian Revolution
Added are 2 intro activities, a discussion sheet on revolutions, a historical context lesson for the causes of the Russian Revolution, Pre-Revolution reading with questions, through the Russian Revolution map activity, Russian Revolution Quiz with Key and the Rubric for all the work. Feel free to use these with the Part I and Part II notes I think they make a nice addition to an already big bundle.