- Africa PPT 14 slides 2 different versions included
- Some short videos are included with the above PPT
- India PPT 12 slides 2 different versions included
- Japan vs. China PPT regarding Imperialism 13 slides 3 different versions included
- Traditional Imperialism worksheet
- Ghost in the Darkness Video Guide
- Mankind Story of US: Long version and short version
- Crash Course Ep. #34 & 35
- Quizzes and Test for the unit
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Flipped Classroom guide
- Bonus 13 videos to add to the bundle
These are 3 weeks of daily plans. There is more than enough material here for 3+ weeks of teaching.
Do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. Included are 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet. The chapter preview sheets take about 20 minutes to do in class.
This is a great way to introduce students to the concept of Imperialism. Give them the definition and then have them watch a short clip of Iron Man pointing out what is and what is not imperialism in the movie clip. The presentation is an introduction in the general sense to who was involved, what were they after and how it was going. The PPT is 14 slides and can be completed in one period. The Iron Man clip is a great way to show how technology is dominate. Always ask the kids how they think this clip pertains to what we are studying with Imperialism.
Included are some other short video clips that would work really well on Day 1 or any other day you need a 5 minute summary of what is being studied.
CHINA AND JAPAN PPT
Here is a short 13 slides and is more of a comparison and contrast of how Japan and China dealt with Imperialism in the 1800's.
This is a 12 slide account of what was going on in India in the 1800's. I have included a clip of Indiana Jones to show the differences between the West and India. The students love it as it really shows how weaponry is king from this time period forward.
GHOST IN THE DARKNESS
It shows the struggles of Imperialism and the difficulties of working with other groups of people from all over the world. The movie is not a free download as it cost 2.99 on Amazon to rent and 9.99 to own.
This is a one-day Imperialism worksheet that I do not have the key for.
CHARLES DARWIN READING
This is a short 10-15 minute reading on Charles Darwin and his contribution to the time period. It can be done as a closed reading highlighting things that are important or as a stand-alone in-class reading.
THE WHITE MANS BURDEN
This is a classic and disturbing view on how the White man, at the time, viewed other races and how they fit together into society.
MANKIND STORY OF ALL OF US
Here is what is included:
- A question sheet in WORD format that will keep students focused
- Answers to the question sheet
- A set of notes that can be referenced for discussion
-BONUS: History Channel Mankind Story of US Guide
This 11th episode is good for either junior high or high school as it deals with SPEED, Civil War, Japan, Titanic, Goodyear, and WWI. This works great with either Jr. High or High School.
Mankind mobilizes toward modernity. In places like Japan, ancient traditions merge with newfound technologies. Some nations emerge as superpowers, amassing military might. From steamships such as the Titanic to skyscrapers like the Empire State Building, humans create infrastructure and vast communications networks. But progress has its dark side. The demand for rubber devastates Africa; warfare and poverty continue to threaten human survival and longevity.
Included is the test to use with the unit as well with the answer key. Feel free to not use it.
CRASH COURSE VIDEO GUIDE
Crash Course Video Guide EP. 34 AND 35: Nationalism and Imperialism
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
Added are the top 13 YouTube videos that are all 3-4 minutes in length so that they may be embedded in the PPT.
** EMAIL ME FOR THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK ** for the 13 videos in this bundle.