- Intro Holocaust PPT/ Keynote
- Boy in Striped Pajamas ( 7 Day unit)
- Schindler's List Background
- Schindler's List Video Guide
- Schindler's List Discussion Sheet
- Who is Responsible for the Holocaust
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Additional Holocaust Notes
Chapter Preview Sheets
I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet.
Holocaust Intro / Night Intro
Another option in introducing the Holocaust. This is a quick 4 slide PPT/KEYNOTE that will introduce the unit and lay the foundation for what will happen the next 2 weeks.
A. Intro PPT: The PPT is short with only 7 slides. It does a good job of introducing the book. It is also a good day to pass out the book and questions.
B. Reading Great guide as the students read through the book "Night." Typically, read the first 10-15 pages with the students.
C. 4 mini Night Quizzes These are short quizzes to keep the students accountable for what is going on in the book. There are 4 of them around 10-11 questions in length.
D. Journal 5 journal questions to go along with the book. Have the students do one or all 5. Great way to start class and mix it up.
E. Test Following the reading of the book to give the students a test on what they have read. Let the students use a 3x5 note card on the test to make it a little bit easier.
Boy in Striped Pajamas
Schindler's List Video Guide/Discussion Questions
In this folder you will receive a background information sheet on Schindler and his family, a 20 question guide to the movie, and a copy of the White Rose. Also, added are 33 discussion questions. Please see the link below for a more detailed description.
Video notes with Key. This will take 2 complete days to finish.
These are 3 videos that are absolutely fantastic to show in class.
Auschwitz Guard Story
This is the story of a guard that is really good.
Who is Responsible for the War?
This allows the students to really think about who committed the worst crimes and how they should be punished.
Grading the War
This is a great way for students to converse about they think went well and what they think did not go well. Get students in groups of 3 for this activity.
WWII Interactive PPT
This is a PPT map that shows the transition of all the military as the Axis Powers and Allied Powers try and destroy each other.
A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: Chosen are 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
These are some additional notes that might be helpful in teaching the Holocaust.