Make your 1930's Unit the favorite of the year with this engaging, ready-to-go bundle of activities, videos, powerpoints, writing assignments, and much more!
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
- Daily Plans
- Stock Market PPT
- Chapter Preview Sheets (2)
- 1930's PPT
- 13 Videos for the PPT or in class, only 4 videos are included in the download the rest will be sent with a google drive link.
- Success and Failures of the New Deal Assignment
- Reading Assignment
- Discussion Questions
- Cinderella Man Assignment / Test
- Crash Course Guide ( EP. 33 / 34)
- Paragraph prompts US History
- Flipped classroom 2-page guide
- Chapter test
- Student Notes
- The Story of US guide
- Life in the 1930's video / guide
These are my daily plans for what I use. I know there is way more in this bundle than you could possibly teach within 2 weeks.
STOCK MARKET LESSON
Teach the stock market lesson as this is a great way to have the students learn about the stock market. I walk the students through the basics and explain all the terminology to the students so they understand what is going on during the Stock Market Crash. This is an 8 slide presentation that has lots of resources as well as a sheet to have the students fill in. I have included the video I show as well.
Pass out Chapter Preview sheets to have students observe the pictures and the headings in the chapter.
Begin the 1930's Presentation and pass out the notes sheet that goes with it. I like to break this up into a couple of days as I like to explain it to the students have a baseline of information.
SUCCESS AND FAILURES NEW DEAL
Success and Failures of the New Deal. This requires the use of their book and can take up to 2 days to complete. I will typically have the students do their research with a partner in class and then have them finish it for HW.
This is a reading assignment that allows students to really examine the text regarding the Great Depression. I have provided a matrix to go with it so the students can write their responses.
Discussion Questions: Feel free to use as many or as little of these as you would like. I have had the students do them prior to class and have had them complete them in class. I think it works best if they work on them for 20 minutes and then discuss them for 20 minutes.
CINDERELLA MAN ESSAY
Cinderella Man essay: This is a 5 paragraph essay that goes along with the movie. I have included the rubric for this as it has everything needed to have the students do research, watch the movie and create a finished product. I have also included a movie guide in case that is too much. This is a 10 question guide that will allow the students to watch but keep them accountable for what they are seeing.
Crash Course for the Great Depression and the New Deal. (EP 33 & 34)
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
Quizzes and Essay
These are all the quizzes that I give during the course of the unit. I am also including the essay I give while showing the movie Cinderella Man. It will take the place of a test.
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
Flipped classroom 2-page guide
This allows the students to work through the PPT with assistance.
I have added my chapter test to this bundle. This is a matching and true-false test to be taken with a scantron. I have also included the key.
1930's Student Notes
The student notes are a nice way to summarize the material for the students. It provides extra clarity for things that might not make sense.
Life in the 1930's
This is a great video that comes with 2 different versions and an answer key.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.