World History Rise of Totalitarianism Bundle | Hitler Mussolini Stalin
Make your Totalitarianism Unit the favorite of the year with this engaging, ready-to-go bundle of activities, videos, powerpoints, writing assignments, and much more!Bundle Perks
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom
- Gift Assignment
- Great Depression PPT
- The rise of the 3 Dictators PPT / Google Slideshow included
- Writing Assignment
- Rise of Fascism
- Roots of Evil
- Totalitarian Assignment
- Crash Course Video Guide
- Test and Quizzes
- Reading and Writing Bundle
- Bibliography PPT
- DBQ resources
- Close Reading sheet
- How to outline
- Mission statement
- Chapter Preview
- Guest Speaker Questions
- MLA/ MEMO
- Read Around sheet
- Paragraph Sheet
- How to write a book review
- Paragraph prompts for World History
Chapter Preview Sheets
Do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. Included are 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet.
Great Depression PPT
Begin by teaching the Great Depression/1920's and the Rise of Fascism and what it is so the students are really clear. I have also included a student fill in the document that goes with the teaching. I have made the teaching both in PPT/ and Keynote so that it is accessible for all. There is a google slideshow included with this bundle to make it more interactive.
The rise of the 3 Dictators Teaching the rise of the 3 dictators. Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler. There is a fill in the document that goes with the teaching.
Use on the 4th day to launch the writing assignment. The writing assignment asks the students to compare 2 of the dictators and contrast 2 of the dictators. I use the paragraph sheet that I have included below.
Reading and Writing Bundle
This is a great BUNDLE that will be extremely helpful in the writing process for the RISE of TOTALITARIANISM.
Totalitarian HW Assignment (1/2 paragraph versions).
If for some reason you are feeling that the students need some more work to do and that they are not getting it after doing all of the above, made is an additional HW assignment that is 4 pages in length and does a really good job of making sure they know who is who before going into WWII.
This makes writing so much easier when you have a proper template to have them write too.
After teaching it and launched my writing assignment we watch 2 videos in class. Have the students take notes on both of them to make sure they getting information for their paragraphs and not just zoning out.
Fascism in Color video; have the students watch this in its entirety as it does the best job of showing and explaining Mussolini's career and life. If you need a second clip, please email me.
Roots of Evil Video Another great video, The Roots of Evil, that allows the students to have more information for their 2 paragraphs. Have the students take notes on this one as well.
A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: Chosen are 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students/with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. In class is better though.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: This is added to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, highly recommend having the students watch this on half speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the YouTube video you can adjust the speed.
Included are some of my favorite lessons from Stanford University as well as some other goodies.
This is a great way for students to completely understand the decade
Test and Quizzes
All the tests and quizzes that go with this unit are included.
Fascism in Color
This is the one segment that is not on YouTube so it is included because it is good. Unfortunately, it would not fit in the download, so email me for a link to the video.
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.