- WWII PPT 77 Slides ( 2 versions)
- 39 Videos for the PPT or in class, please email me for the google drive download.
- Story of US ( long and short version)
- Crash Course Video Guides (2)
- Test and Quizzes for WWII
- Paragraph prompts US History
- Flipped Classroom Guide ( 2 pages)
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom and counting
These are my daily plans for what I use. There is more han one way to teach it.
To see what the kids know and don't know about the war.
Chapter Preview Sheet
This is a great way to have students go through the chapter checking out different things that they observe from the pictures and the headings.
One of the things your students should do is to see the battles fought and realize who fought them and who won. This is considered a HW assignment for them or an in-class assignment.
Have the students draw when they can. This assignment asks the students to represent the chapters with 60% visuals and 40% words. It is a tough thing to do if you cannot draw however, the students are not judged on their ability to draw.
PPT for WWII
This is 77 slides and takes about 7 days to complete. Do not go through all of it with my students as it would be just too much lecturing. Start this and do the first couple of slides with them and have them do the rest at home using my website. Do have a 3-page note-taking guide that goes with the PPT as well. There is another version of this PPT as well.
The PPT goes over the following concepts:
1. The 5 main causes of the war.
2. How Hitler came to power.
3. Year by year highlight of events that took place
4. Significant Regiments of the War
5. Response by the different groups involved in the war
6. Technology from the war.
7. Have also included 9 videos that I use to teach this PPT in case you want to embed them.
A great way for students to discuss the war in class.
WWII from Space
Probably the best WWII video to show. It takes 2 days and is phenomenal. Included is a 4-page note taking a guide in this folder with the key.
WWII Video Analysis
This is where the students will get to watch videos regarding the war and learn what happened from watching the videos.
Included is a WWII Map showing how Hitler took over Europe. It is not an assignment but it does a fantastic job of showing how he took control slowly throughout Europe.
The Story of US WWII
This is another great resource that sums up the American experience in WWII. The video is not available on YouTube but it is on Amazon Prime. There is a short and long version of this.
Mankind Story of all of US
Here is what is included:
- A question sheet in WORD format that will keep the students following along.
- Answers to the question sheet
- A set of notes that can be referenced for a discussion following the video.
-BONUS: History Channel Mankind Story of US Guide
This 12th episode is good for either junior high or high school as it deals with NEW FRONTIER, Farming, Alcan Highway, Atomic Bomb, heart transplant and Selma 1965 I think this episode would work well with either Jr. High or High school.
The end of the Civil War allows Mankind to go into overdrive. This is an age of innovation, transformation and mass production. People believe that "Anything, everything, is possible." Japan goes from a feudal society to industrial superpower within 50 years. But progress has its dark side. The demand for rubber devastates Africa. And the desire to build bigger, faster, better leads to a titanic disaster…Mankind takes on godlike powers: to feed billions of people, reshape the landscape, re-engineer the human body. The greatest power of all was unleashed over Hiroshima on August 6th 1945. Since entering the Atomic Age we've been living between eternity and oblivion. But at the same time, we've become more connected as a species. 100,000 years ago there were a few thousand hunter-gatherers on the African savannah. Today there are 7 billion of us in every corner of the globe. It's been an amazing journey.
Here is what is included in this 6-page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: Chosen are 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. Also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students/with answers: There is a 7 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: This is added to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, highly recommend having the students watch this on half speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.